Best steam hair straightener in India is used to hydrate hair and protect it against dryness and frizz. Steam means moisture and we know that damaged and dry hair needs moisture. Therefore steam hair straightener helps in retaining and locking the moisture to your hair while heat straightening. Because of steam technology you get super sleek straight hair with added smoothness.
There are tons of straighteners available in online market but what is the best steam hair straightener in India for your hair type? To relief your stress we have included a ‘Buyer’s Guide‘ in this post, do check it out.
How Does The Steam Hair Straightener Work?
Steam hair straightener simply has a small water container/pod/cartridge which is detachable, in that pod you can actually fill the water and then again attach it to your straightener. Now when the power is supplied to the iron the water gets converted into steam and comes out of the vents at the time of styling. This process of straightening with steam helps the frizzy hair to get tamed and moisturized.
Best Steam Hair Straightener In India Reviews
1. Professional Hair Straightener Steam Comb Review
This beautiful white color steam hair brush straightener is the combination of hair straightener and the comb, therefore you do not need to hold the comb anymore while flat ironing. It uses negative ion technology to condition your hair while adding shine and texture to it. It works on low temperatures ensuring less heat damage. The ceramic heater offers even heat distribution, and you can adjust the heat according to your hair type. If you forget to switch off your device, it will automatically shuts off in 60 minutes of no use.
- Double sided comb design
- 3D Ceramic coated heating teeth
- 5 Adjustable temperature setting from 300°F to 450°F (approx. 150°C to 230°C)
- Temperature lock system to get rid of accidental changes
- LCD temperature display with up and down heat switching buttons
- 30 ml water tank with a dropper for steam generation
- Non-steam mode switch
- Long swivel cord
- Easy to use comb straightener
- It conditions hair and adds shine to it
- Varying temperature control for different hair styles
- Creates minimum to zero heat damage
- Not observed any
Similar Product –
2. L’Oréal Professional Steam pod 3.0 Steam Hair Straightener Review
L’Oréal Professional deliver products with superior performance and safety. Though the price of this best steam hair straightener in India is a bit high but good thing always come at a price and it always will. It is equipped with high resistance anodized-coated floating plate structure for even pressure while styling. And the best part is, without having to refill the water tank you can style one full head of thick hair. This SteamPod 3.0 Professional steam styler provides salon worthy hair at home.
It is easy to use, all you have to do is – fill the built-in water tank with filtered water, adjust heat, use the hair straightener in the direction of the arrows on dry hair.
- Consistent steam delivery
- Double technology anodized coated plates
- 1 inch floating plates for straightening, curling and waving
- Removable comb
- Intelligent heat control from 180°C to 210°C
- Integrated water tank
- Includes dropper
- Long rotating cord
- Leaves your hair super shiny
- Makes hair 2X smoother and healthier
- Faster than regular hair styling tools
- Ensures 91% less damage
- Powerful yet gentle on hair
- Worth the money
- Expensive and Heavy
- This might not be the straightener to get tight curls
- Some users have found that the attached comb pulls the hair while straightening
3. Alan Truman K2-Argan Shine Infusion Straightener Review
This argan oil infused steam hair straightener diminish frizz and static while boosting style. As argan oil protects hair against heat damage and repairs damaged hair therefore it would be a great option for those with dry, damaged and colored hair. The black-diamond coated plates adds shine and sleekness to hair. Steam technology leaves hair shinier and smoother at every pass. Also ionic technology locks the natural moisture of hair. It is nothing but one of the best steam hair straightener in India. It is a good investment for beginners.
- Black diamond ceramic coated plates
- 6-direction floating plates
- 1.25 inches semi-wide plates
- Argan oil infused steam vents
- 150⁰C – 230⁰C temperature controlling feature
- Heats up in quick 10 seconds
- Ionic and far infra red technology
- 1 hour auto shut off and plates locking system
- 3 meters long 360⁰ swivel cord
- 1 year of manufacturer’s warranty
- Can be used on damaged, colored and dry hair
- Argan oil infused steam technology makes hair shiny and healthy
- Protects against heat damage
- Advance technologies with innovative design
- Generates salon smooth results
Watch the video here –
4. Xtava Time to Shine Steam Hair Straightener Review
This elegant steam hair straightener has tourmaline ceramic plates that glides very gently on hair and straighten hair without drying it out. This professional grade steam iron has a removable water container for convenient, mess-free refills. Tourmaline releases negative ions which counteract the positive ions of dry & damaged hair while making them smooth & shiny. Steam helps to lock hair’s natural moisture and works against frizz. So the combination of ionic and steam technology turns out your hair like you have just come from salon.
- 1 inch ceramic tourmaline floating plates
- Nano ceramic and tourmaline ionic technology
- Removable water reservoir
- Optional steam setting
- 2 heat settings 180°C and 230°C
- 60 seconds heat up time
- 2.5 meter swivel cord
- 60 minutes auto shut off feature for safety
- Rubberized body finish
- Includes dropper and heat resistant storage pouch
- Best conditioning steam hair straightener
- Professional salon flat iron
- Conditions hair like a pro
- Light weight
- Budget friendly
- Travel friendly
- Some users have found that it takes long to straighten very long and curly hair
- This is an imported product, you may require a voltage converter to use in India
5. Professional Hair Salon Steam Styler Review
Design different hair styles everyday at home with this professional steam hair straightener. Tourmaline ceramic coated plates ensures static-free heat styling and on the bonus steam helps to get damage free shiny results in no time. Curved edges and 110 x 30 mm plates allow to create curls and waves easily without pulling and snagging of hair. This hair steamer is packed with advance technology and easy to use features which makes it one of the best steam hair straightener available in India.
- 2 steam settings and no steam setting
- 5 strong steam vents
- 15 minutes constant steam
- 6 temperature settings ranging between 150°C – 235°C
- Heats up in quick 15 seconds
- Tourmaline ceramic coated plates
- 2.5 meter 360 degrees swivel cord
- 1 hour automatic shut-off for safety
- Locking plates mechanism
- Dual voltage compatibility
- Conditions hair
- Ionic technology for smoothness and shine
- Fast and easy to Use
- Can be used world wide
- Beveled edges for hair curling and waving
- It doesn’t have any reviews in India
- You might need a voltage converter/adaptor to use in India
6. HSI Professional Glider Steamer Ceramic Flat Iron Review
If you are seeking a premium quality professional hair steamer, this would be an option for you. This tourmaline ionic ceramic flat iron dispenses argan oil infused steam for added moisture & thermal protection. The argan oil therapy gives shine to your hair and ionic behavior of plates removes frizz and flyaways. Though the price of this HSI professional steam flat iron is high but the quality and performance worth it.
- Argan oil thermal protecting steam dispenser
- Heat balanace infra red technology
- Ionic ceramic tourmaline infused plates
- Reflexive floating plates
- Heats up in seconds
- Digital temperature control between 360°F or 450°F
- Dual voltage 110-220V
- Auto shut-off safety mode
- 360-degrees swivel cord
- Salon grade tool
- heats up very quickly
- gives shine and makes hair frizz free
- Nourishes hair and makes it more healthy
- Curved edges for multipurpose hair styling
- Might require adaptor plug to use in India
7. Conair Infiniti Pro Nano Silver Steam Flat iron Review
This infinity pro steam hair straightener by the brand Conair is another best steam hair straightener available in India. It has 1.5 inch plates that goes with all types of hair. This is a tourmaline ceramic flat iron which ensures less frizz healthy looking shiny hair. It has a floating plate for better contact with hair. The highest temperature setting is 395F. Micro-particles of nano silver coat the straightener’s surface. The combination of ceramic and tourmaline works great on higher temperatures and ensures the integrity of the surface.
- Tourmaline-ceramic floating plates
- Professional heat between 140°C – to 200°C (5 settings)
- Heats up in quick 30 seconds
- There are two steam settings that is high, low and off
- Removable water reservoir
- 3-position retractable combs
- Digital display, on/off and heat level buttons
- It shuts off after 60 minutes
- Includes heat resistance case
- Rotating swivel cord
- Makes hair healthy and shiny
- Beautiful red finish
- Convenient and easy to use
- 2 in 1 hair straightener, with and without steam
- No reviews in India
How To Use A Best Steam Hair Straightener In India on Indian Hair For Damage-Free Results?
- Wash your hair with your preferred shampoo and conditioner.
- Apply heat protectant on wet hair to protect hair from excessive heat damage.
- Dry your hair naturally or with the help of best hair dryer that won’t damage your hair.
- Detangle hair using regular comb.
- Section hair by layer so that you can work efficiently on small sections.
- Release the water cartridge and fill it with filtered or normal water using the included dropper and snap it back to the place.
- Switch on the device and set the temperature according to your hair type.
- Watch the arrows. If you turn your iron the right way, you will never burn yourself with the steam.
- Straighten thin sections starting from root and ending to tip.
- Run steam iron down slowly. Some steam straighteners release steam when the plates are closed tightly so read the instructions properly.
- Repeat the same process for rest of the hair sections.
- Turn off the steam hair straightener and let it cool down before you store it.
Things To Consider Before Buying A Best Steam Hair Straightener in India
Size and Type of Steam Straightener’s Plate
Slim (1 inch and 1.25 inches) and long plates help to straighten all types of hair effectively, especially near the roots. Where as wider plates (greater than 1 inch) grabs most of the hair and help to straighten thick and long hair fast. Floating plate is one of the best type of plates you should consider before buying your steam iron because these plates adapts the texture of your hair and moves accordingly which results in pull-free and snag-free gliding and styling.
Plate’s Construction Material
Fusion of ‘far infrared ceramic’ and ‘ionic tourmaline and titanium’ with added nourishing technologies are used these days to build steam hair straightener’s plates. These advanced technologies ensures healthy heat styling with minimum possible heat damage.
There are straighteners with high and low steam settings, generally the higher steam setting helps to straighten thick hair smoothly and also there is no-steam setting to use the steam hair straightener as a regular hair straightener. As a beginner try to buy the steam iron with different steam settings to avoid heat related damage and to use the steam hair straightener as a regular flat iron when required.
Your steam iron comes with a water reservoir, when you fill this container with water, the water comes out in form of steam. The capacity of this reservoir plays an important role in generating steam through out your styling session, so make sure you select the tank with high water holding capacity if you have thick hair, select average capacity tank if you have normal hair density. It is way more better if the water container/reservoir is removable for mess-free refills.
Variable temperature controlling system allows damage free heat and steam styling. You can work on low and high temperatures as per your hair texture and style requirement. Therefore it is recommended to buy the heat styling tool with multiple heat settings.
Additional Must-Have Features To look For
There are few more parameters to consider when buying your best steam hair straightener in India such as – fast heating up time, auto shut off feature, temperature locking system, dual voltage compatibility, Plates locking system, warranty, better customer reviews, best brand and the warranty by the manufacturer.
Best Steam Hair Straightener Vs Regular Flat Iron – Pros N Cons
- No matter which heat styling device you use, all causes damage to some extent. Since the steam hair straightener work on low temperatures and create moisture which straightens hair fast therefore it is proven to be less damaging than flat iron, but at the same time steam irons also have heated plates to evaporate steam and excessive use of steam irons may cause heat damage too.
- The very interesting fact I have noticed is that you can go very close to the roots with the flat iron but when the steam is on you have to be careful while going down to the roots because you might hurt your scalp with steam.
- Steam hair straightener locks in smoothness and makes hair more shinier where as flat irons also smoothens hair and makes hair more sleeker than steam iron.
- Some users have found that very kinky hair turns back to its natural stage when straightened with steam hair straightener because the moisture turns the curls back to the normal quickly as compared to the regular flat iron.
- Best steam hair straightener provides volume and texture to hair and removes frizz. Flat iron gives you pin-straight sleek shiny hair especially at your roots.
Hope you find your best steam hair straightener in India from the list above. The steam hair straighteners are recommended for frizzy, damaged, fragile and unruly hair. Above selected few best steam flat irons are from best brands and suits Indian hair.